Sunday, December 4, 2011

My MOST Embarrasing Moment

The most embarrassing moment of my life happened when I was a senior in high school. It was the last day of my senior year. That morning the entire class had gone to the beach to watch the sunrise. The frigid morning gave break to a magnificent daybreak. I thought my day could only get better, but I was wrong.

When I arrived at school, I brought my guitar to Spanish class. The class was going to have extra credit performance, and I was going to play my guitar. Although I was nervous, I had confidence in myself and knew I'd play well. After the bell rang, it was my turn to perform. I played exceptionally well, all things considered, but then I went back to my seat. As I stepped over my chair I heard a strange sound, "Rrrr-i-ppp!"

On my last day of school I ripped the entire backside of my pants. I was so embarrassed. Luckily, I was able to go to the nurse quickly to safety pin them back together. However, it was obvious that I had done a poor job putting my pants back together.

Frigid- Very cold
Magnificent- exceptionally beautiful
Confidence- Faith in oneself
Embarrassed-  the feeling of self-awareness after doing something silly.
Obvious- Something that is apparent.

*GRAMMAR POINT: When writing in the past, be sure that your

Exercise: Matching Antonyms

1.      Magnificent                 A. Scalding
2.      Confidence                 B. Proud
3.      Obvious                       C. Ugly
4.      Embarrassed                D. Timid
5.      Frigid                          E. Ambiguous
 

No comments:

Post a Comment