Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mi Amigo

Hello Students. Mr. B checking in again. This week I would like to tell you about my dear friend Paco. Paco is a fellow teammate of mine whose parents are both from Argentina. Paco grew up speaking Spanish at home. It wasn’t until early on in elementary school that he started to learn English. Today, if you spoke to Paco you would never imagine that English is his second language. I myself practice my Spanish speaking skills with Paco.  Sometimes we use it to communicate back and forth when we like to be sneaky and not have those around us know what we are talking about. Over the years Paco has commended me on the improvement of my skills in Spanish but I am still nowhere near the fluency he has. I hope to continue to improve however and one day have the courage to go on a trip to Argentina on my own and visit  all the places Paco has told me that are near and dear to his heart.
Imagine- To envision mentally
Sneaky- To stay undiscovered
Commended- To congratulate
Improve-  To make better
Courage- Inner strength
*GRAMMAR POINTS: Singular nouns take singular verbs; Plural nouns take plural verbs.
Exercise: Write a three sentence post about something you need courage to improve. I hope I will be commending you for making that change!

2 comments:

  1. I hear Argentina is beautiful, you should definitely go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to be a model of language learning for your students.

    ReplyDelete