Sunday, December 4, 2011

Greetings from Paris!

Hello students. This week I’m checking in with you guys from the city of love. I am currently sitting in a quaint café in the heart of Paris. It is the third day of my week long trip. I have visited many of the popular sites in Paris. The top of the Eiffel tower is quite possibly my favorite part of the trip thus far. The famous cathedral of Notre Dame was also an impressive sight. But I am partial to the delicious wine that comes hand in hand with nearly every meal. Tonight I look forward to a boat tour along the Seine River. I will get to see the spectacular light show that takes place at the Eiffel tower. It has to this point been a wonderful trip and I look forward to many more experiences such as the Louve and Orsay museum. I only hope that each of you may one day visit this wonderful city as well. But for now I bid thee adeui!

Quaint- Homely
Popular- Something liked by most
Cathedral- A large church
Partial- To favor
Spectacular- Wonderfully entertaining
*GRAMMAR POINT: When a word begins with a vowel, the article used is ‘an’. When a word begins with a consonant, the article used is ‘a’.
Exercise: Synonym Matching
1.       Quaint                  A. In favor
2.       Popular                                B. Awesome
3.       Cathedral            C. Warming
4.       Spectacular         D. Church
5.       Partial                   E. Favorite

2 comments:

  1. Students will be lucky to have a teacher with so many interesting experiences.

    ReplyDelete