Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Little Bit of Rugby Glory

Hello Students! As you may all by now I am a rugby player. I would like to share with you my most memorable moment playing this rough sport. This past weekend we took the field against our rivals SUNY Maritime. In past matches Maritime has been victorious but this time around my mates and I were focused on bringing home a victory. We played inspired rugby for a good amount of the match going blow for blow with our opponent. Late in the game we held what we thought would be a commanding lead. But Maritime was motivated to maintain their edge on us and mounted a comeback that saw them take the lead with nearly no time left in the match. With seconds left in the match my coach called upon me to take a penalty kick that would give us the win. I had struggled with my kicking all game but was convinced to not allow Maritime to have their day. I lined the kick up and struck it right through the posts, knowing my kick was true I never had to watch it through but turned around to embrace my teammates in celebration. It was my proudest moment in rugby to date and a memory I will cherish. For this reason I share this memory with you all that it may inspire you to achieve against all odds.
Victorious- To win
Rivals- Enemies
Commanding- To be superior
Motivated- Inspired to do something.
Cherish- to hold dear.
*GRAMMAR POINT: Be sure to CAPITALIZE all the first words in your sentences
Exercise: Matching Synonyms
1.       Rivals                                     A. Value
2.       Cherish                                 B. Enemies
3.       Motivated                           C. Winners
4.       Victorious                            D.  Enthused
5.       Commanding                     E. Impressive
rugby sport sports

No comments:

Post a Comment